With Labor Day around the corner, I thought I’d share an easy pick-me-up snack I’ve been making! I used a few “protein ball” recipes as starting inspiration and then experimented until I came up with exactly what I was searching for.
These guys are small but substantial, and hardly use any ingredients. I store them in the fridge and grab ’em and go! (And the kiddos love them too.) I’m going to make a batch to bring to a Labor Day get together, and thought I’d share!
Honey Peanut Butter Bites
2 Cups Oats (to blitz, plus some to sprinkle in whole)
1/2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks (to blitz)
3/4 Cups Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup Honey
Spices (you pick! Ex: cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, etc.)
- use 1/4 cup of honey for less sweet and less sticky bites. I make both options depending how I feel that day.
- Use white chocolate or milk chocolate chips.
- Add dried cranberries, raisins, etc.
- Blitz the oats in a food processor. You can blitz to a fine powder, or stop while there are still small pieces of oats visible. Personal Preference! Set aside oats.
- Blitz chocolate chips into a fine crumble in food processor. I aim for a proper crumble, where the chocolate forms uniform, small clumps. Again, personal preference!
- Pour blitzed oats and chocolate crumble into mixing bowl and add peanut butter and honey. Mix on medium-high speed for 4–5 minutes, until fully combined (will still appear crumbly, but should hold its shape if squeezed into a ball).
- Sprinkle in a handful or two of whole, un-blitzed oats for texture, and add a few dashes of any spices you’d like. Mix until combined.
- Spoon into small, bite-sized balls and store in the fridge. (I’ve had no problem stacking these atop one another, as they solidify in the fridge).
I hope you enjoy this sweet, substantial little snack. Feel free to make it your own! Wishing you a wonderful, late-summer weekend.☀️😎